This morning, I was meant to go out for brunch with a friend and decided to skip breakfast. Clearly I was wrong, when my friend messaged to say I must be crazy to think he would turn up at 11ish on a Sunday. Having just got back from my workout, I was not going to stay hungry for another 3 hours but didn’t feel like a proper breakfast. Instead, decided to whip up some smoothie that would keep me going for the next couple of hours. I found some fresh figs and strawberries in the fridge, added to that the benefit of flax seeds for good measure and I had a winner! The reason I have served them in shot glasses is because these are really thick ( you will need a spoon to drink them) and if you are going to have this alongside your normal breakfast, you just cannot have your regular glass full as you would normally with a fruit juice. But if you choose to have this in place of breakfast, by all means indulge yourself. In fact, you won’t be able to stop at one shot, since these are super healthy, super quick and taste delicious.
- Strawberries – 6-7, chopped
- Figs – 3-4, chopped
- Flaxseeds – 2 tablespoons
- Natural Yoghurt – 2 -3 tablespoons
- Skimmed Milk – 1/2 cup ( if required to adjust the thickness)
- Honey – 2 teaspoons (Optional)
Place all the ingredients in a blender and blitz till smooth. If the smoothie is too thick, add a little milk and give it another whizz. Pour into shot glasses and serve immediately.
- Guess this is the shortest recipe ( just one sentence) I have written till date – is that a world record? 🙂
- I did not use any honey as the sweetness from the figs was good enough for me but if you like your smoothie to be sweeter, add in the honey.